That Rabbit Belongs to Emily Brown by Cressida Cowell Illustrated by Neal Layton

Emily Brown does everything with Stanley her toy rabbit. She goes on deep sea dives, into outer space, and anywhere else her imagination wants to go. One day there was a knock at her door. And that knock and what is to follow will bring her face to face with the Queen herself. That naughty Queen wants HER Stanley. She insists on calling him Bunnywunny and also for her giving him up. But no matter what she tries to give her in return for Stanley she repeats that Stanley is NOT FOR SALE!

Emily Brown loves her Stanley and she's going to make sure no one, not even the Queen is going to take him away. She ends up teaching that naughty queen a thing or two in the end. I got a little teary eyed at the end because I'm such a sensitive fool. I mean seriously? Getting teary eyed with a picture book? Well you know then that it's a sweet book that you can enjoy. I found a video where Freema Agyeman is reading the whole little book so you can see for yourself if you like it. By the way its months not years at the end. You'll know what I mean when you see the video. I hope you know who Freema is. Think Doctor Who. If you haven't seen the show you should. It's been airing for at least forty years. It's worth it. Trust me. Well, enjoy!


Comments

  1. Thanks for poatibg the video link! I can't wait to watch it. I always enjoy a good picture book and this one sounds so sweet. I love that the bunny is named Stanley. :)
    ~jeas

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

back to top