Sunday Post: December 22nd 2013

(Image Source: Etsy - PerilousPaper)

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted  @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It's a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things received and share news about what's coming up for the next week ahead.

If you don't know by now the semester finals are over for me! That's why I've been blogging so many books lately. I'm so happy to be done! And I'm genuinely excited for my classes next year. Everything turned out great in the end. I'm so excited for Christmas this year even though there has been exactly  one day where there was a breeze. It doesn't feel very Christmasy but with the Christmas movies I've been watching it's been pretty fun. I'm excited to give the family members actual gifts this year that I hope they like. I hope you all had a fantastic week!

Last Week on the Blog:


Last week I reviewed: The Almost Truth by Eileen Cook, Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson, Sia by Josh Grayson, Crash by Lisa McMann, and The 14 Fibs of Gregory K. by Greg Pincus. Amy and Roger's Epic Detour was beyond my favorite out of the group while Sia didn't even get close... I don't usually not like books so it was too bad it wasn't as good as I hoped.

Around the Blogosphere (a.k.a. my to-read list is now larger):


Some books I added to my to-read list that I can't wait to get my hands on: See Jane Run by Hannah Jayne and Second Star by Alyssa B. Sheinmel.

Posts/articles/videos I enjoyed: 

  • Project for Awesome 2013! (raised over 3/4 million for charity) Some charities you should check out:
    • There is No "Them
    • How I Spent $50,000 in South America - Not Forgotten
    • Free Rice - Online Game you can play
    • Food in Tummies (FIT)
  • Trailer: Divergent discovered via Waking Brain Cells
  • Review Herman and Rosie by Gus Gordon via Waking Brain Cells
  • 25 Days - Book 16: The Christmas Party via Three Books a Night
  • Review: These Broken Stars via Realm of Fiction
  • Book Trailer: Xander's Panda Party



Plans for Next Week:

I plan on reading and reviewing: The Rule of Thirds by Chantel Guertin, Breathing Ghosts by Laekan Zea Kemp, and Where the Stars Still Shine by Trish Doller. 


These will be the last books I read for the year. I'm going to start with end of the year posts this week. I love doing the best of the best books posts and I can't wait to share what I have planned for next year. 2014 is going to be great!

Comments

  1. If I don't get to see you in a while, here's a MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR, 2014 IS COMING/HERE!!!! WHOOP-WHOOP!! LET'S START IT OFF WITH LOTS OF MANGA AND ANIME AND BOOKS!!! XD

    But it doesn't snow in California so I understand how it doesn't feel like winter. It's like seventy to eighty degrees out there! Haha, but who needs whether to feel like winter when Christmas songs are playing everywhere! And yummy hot chocolate!! YUM!

    I freaking love that little picture! i want to make fort now..even though i am too big for that…who cares! You are never too old to build a fort! XD

    Aww and Xander's Panda Party that trailer~AWW!!!! SO KAWAII!! >___< Is it a picture book, because I want to read it now. And you got to read Amy and Roger's Epic Detour. O___O I WANTZ. GIMME, GIMME.

    HAVE A HAPPY SEASON!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm planning to read SOOO much graphic novels and watch SOOO many animes. it's going to be great. It doesn't snow in California? I always assumed anywhere other than Florida it snows :P
      It's a super cute etsy picture that I found. I kind of want it.
      Xander's Panda Party is a picture book. It's nice to know someone else around my age likes picture books (:

      Delete
  2. I love your haul and Christmas movies are so enjoyable. I watched Love Actually today..one of my favorites. So glad the school year ended well and the new one looks promising. Have a Very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to watch Love Actually! I ended up watching Die Hard 1 and 2 for the first time with my brothers go figure. Hope you had a great Christmas!

      Delete
  3. You have some fun books for this week! I'm glad your finals are done. Those are always a beast! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finals was so hectic this semester. I did so well I'm so surprised and relieved. Hope you had a great Christmas!

      Delete
  4. Oh I love that picture!!! I might put it as my background. Anyhow you've read some amazing book this past week and I cannot wait to see what you think of Breathing Ghost. I hope you'll enjoy it :) Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet! I didn't get to read it but sometime in January hopefully. I should stop posting what I want to read next week... It's not making me look good :P

      Delete

Post a Comment

back to top