2014 Summer Reading Program Update #4

Books read from 6/21/14 - 6/28/14:



 


Book #1
Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder
Pages: 361
Thoughts: So good! Way better than I expected. I loved that the romance for me was slow and unexpected. This series is going to be good I can tell.

Book #2
Life is But a Dream by Brian James
Pages: 234
Thoughts: I've been waiting so long to read this that I'm so happy it didn't disappoint. it was another great read and I just am so happy how it ended. Just wonderful.

Book #3
Astronaut Academy: Zero Gravity by Dave Roman
Pages: 187
Thoughts: This graphic novel is of course not geared towards me but the dialogue and many changes of POV makes it so that I don't think I would have liked it even if I was the "right age".

Book #4
Bee Summers by Melanie Dugan
Pages: 191
Thoughts: A somber read but makes me think of what is really important in life.

Book #5 
The Girl Who Owned a City by O.T. Nelson
Pages: 126
Thoughts: This is how you make a graphic novel geared towards a younger audience. It's also a dystopian so it kind of had me before I even started.

Book #6
The Kneebone Boy by Ellen Potter
Pages: 282
Thoughts: The most interesting ending ever. A really great story with awesome characters.

Overall: I've read fourteen books toward my goal of forty. I've really done well this week to get back on track. I've read a couple of graphic novels (finally) for my yearly graphic novel challenge. It's been a really great week.

Note: This post was supposed to be published yesterday.

My tbr books for 6/28/14 - 7/5/14:


Comments

  1. I'm interested to see what you think of Kat, Incorrigible. It looks super cute! Good job getting so many books read last week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job sticking with the challenge! I had good intentions and signed up, but ended up dropping out. I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! I haven't been very good at reading at the "right times." I'm behind on my books is what I mean. But, I've been doing really well lately.

      Delete

Post a Comment

back to top