Bout of Books 11.0 Day 3: Reading Update


I can't believe the third day is about to be over. I've officially read three books in total. After visiting so many new blogs I've found new series I want to read and I feel very motivated to read more than 1 book a day. I don't know if it'll happen. I think that time would be better spent writing my reviews which I plan to start soon.

My next book chosen at random from my TBR Jar is Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children - the graphic novel version. I read the original version a while back for a book club read. I decided to pick this version up to not only see how it is but refresh my memory on the story before I read the next book. I'm glad I finally picked out a graphic novel book. I have a ton still waiting for me to read so I better read this one fast so I can get on to some more books!

"Ransom Riggs's haunting fantasy bestseller adapted to a graphic novel! As our story opens, a horrific family tragedy sets sixteen-year-old Jacob journeying to a remote island off the coast of Wales, where he discovers the crumbling ruins of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. As Jacob explores its abandoned bedrooms and hallways, it becomes clear that the children were more than just peculiar. They may have been dangerous. They may have been quarantined on a deserted island for good reason. And somehow-impossible though it seems-they may still be alive."

I remember this book being really weird but really good too so I'm excited to dive into this story again. I finished reading Path of Beasts, which is the last of the Keepers Trilogy, today. It was a really satisfying ending. 


The Book Stats:

Note: The stats for today might change if I decide to read later on. They will be changed on the next update. This is something that will be applied to each update except the final one.

Currently Reading: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Graphic Novel) by Ransom Riggs

Wednesday, August 20th
Books Read: Path of Beasts by Lian Tanner
Pages Read: 337 pgs.
Time Read: 3 hrs. 30
 min.

Total Stats
Books Read: 3
Pages Read: 1057 pgs.
Time Read: 11 hrs. 28 min.

Number of Hours to Reach Goal: 6 hrs. 32 min.


Comments

  1. We're on the same path with this readathon :D Finished my third book last night and was also contemplating trying to bump up my reading goal-fighting the urge to go to the library today and pick out more books lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I volunteer at the library so every time I go there I end up with a couple of books in my bag. I know I shouldn't but I just can't help myself! As long as you keep up with your books like you have been I say pick out ALL the books you want! XD

      Delete
  2. You're not far off reaching your reading hours goal, well done :-)

    I really want to read Mrs. Peregrine Home for Peculiar children, but alas my libray does not have it :-(

    Good luck for the rest of the week.

    Natalie @ Natalie Hearts Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww that's to bad. You must live in a small area because it's been out for a good couple of years. I'd recommend getting the ebook. It's worth trying out. It's not your average book which makes it worth trying (:

      Delete
  3. Wow, more than 1,000 pages already! Nice work! I'm glad the ending was satisfying with the Keepers Series. I will have to pick up that series sometime. I was thinking when I saw the Miss. Peregrine's cover at the top that it looked different... but then I read that it was the graphic novel version. That explains it ;)
    Hope you read lots today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've very surprised by how many pages I've been able to read. I'm surprised in general how many books I've read. Hopefully I don't slow down and I'm able to read more.
      The graphic novel version is really good. It's drawn like the characters are from a manga XD

      Delete

Post a Comment

back to top