Wishlist Wednesday: Hit by Lorie Ann Grover


Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop, hosted @Pen to Paperwhere I post one book per week that has been on my wishlist for some time, or I just added, that I can't wait to get off my wishlist and onto my wonderful shelves.

        Wishlist Wednesday

After receiving a full-ride scholarship to Mills College for Girls, it appears Sarah's future is all laid out before her that is until she walks into a poetry class led by Mr. Haddings, a student teacher from the nearby University of Washington. Suddenly, life on the UW campus seems very appealing, and Sarah finds herself using her poetry journal to subtly declare her feelings for Haddings. Convinced Mr. Haddings is flirting back, she sets off for school in the rain with a poem in her back pocket one that will declare her feelings once and for all.

Mr. Haddings has noticed Sarah's attention; the fallout from any perceived relationship with a student is too great a risk, and he has decided to end all speculation that morning.

But everything changes when Mr. Haddings feels a thud on his front bumper when he glances away from the road, and finds Sarah in the street with blood pooling beneath her.



          Why I'm Wishing

The summary for Hit escalated really quickly. I involuntarily had to say whoa when I finished reading it because I didn't expect that at all. If this is done right I will be so happy. Not only does it have a controversial "relationship" (violation of teacher/student boundary) going on, but I need to know how this ends. Where is the author going to take this story??? It's going be such a crazy book in the best way possible. The cover is also pretty gorgeous so I really want Hit now.


What are you wishing for this week?

Comments

  1. I'm just reading the synopsis because I'm liking the cover and then BAM. That escalated quickly. WHAT?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha (: ~ My same reaction. It's on NetGalley but it isn't available at this time... I really want to read Hit and see where in the world this is going to go from here.

      Delete
  2. This cover is fabulous and the story drew me in right away! I look forward to reading this one too. Sounds like a page turner. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

back to top