2014 Favorites: Favorite Series and Favorite Book


I wasn't originally going to write about my favorite series but circumstances led to me having to explain my favorite book so I'm unveiling my favorite series here with my favorite book. My favorite series of 2014 was the Shatter Me series.





I've actually gone back to read Shatter Me and parts of the other books after I read the whole series. I love to reread but I haven't wanted to read a series this much and this quickly ever. Not even with Harry Potter - probably because I'd seen the movies fifty million times beforehand but still. I love the romance in this and I love Juliet's growth. It's a really fast and sometimes intense read that I'm sure I will love for years to come.



So I thought I was going to go with a completely different book then the one I chose. I was originally going to pick Shatter Me because I love the series as a whole but then I got to writing about the book below and I realized I loved it on its own. So I made a series category and I've picked my stand alone favorite book of 2014. My favorite book of 2014 was Life is but a Dream.



I wrote a lot about this couple and Alec in particular. The thing about this book is that it addresses mental health and a wonderful, supportive relationship. Alec explodes on people while Sabrina sees things she shouldn't. They are both in a mental health facility to get help but they both don't believe they need it. They fall impossibly in love with each other. Alec protects her and loves Sabrina for who she is. Sabrina feels safe and normal around Alec like what people are saying about her isn't true. Their love for each other is beautiful especially in the defining climax at the end of the story. This is such a wonderful book about realistic problems and realistic people.


Comments

  1. I love all the covers and truly meant to read Shatter Me. Apparently I need to get off my butt and get busy :-)

    Hope next year is even better for you. :-)

    Anna from Shout with Emaginette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you do! Haha (:
      I hope next year is a great bookish year for you too.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read the Shatter Me series- but it has been on my list for ages. I will have to move it up my list for 2015! I also haven't read your favorite stand alone book- but what a cover! Thanks for the introduction.

    Wishing you a very Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite stand alone is really amazing! I hope whatever favorite books you discover this year is as awesome as mine this year :D

      Delete
  3. I had no idea there were so many books in the Shatter Me series. I haven't read any of them, but I know you really love the series, so I'm adding them to my library list so I can read them.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well two of them are novellas that aren't very long but are pretty good.

      Delete
  4. I will have to check out your favorite book, I have not read that one!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings
    Enter my blog birthday giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pretty old book - well not really only two or three - it's been on my wishlist for a while and I was so happy when I got to read it from the library (:

      Delete

Post a Comment

back to top