Wishlist Wednesday: Unbreakable by Kami Garcia


Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop, hosted @Pen to Paperwhere I post one book per week that has been on my wishlist for some time, or I just added, that I can't wait to get off my wishlist and onto my wonderful shelves.

        Wishlist Wednesday

I never believed in ghosts. Until one tried to kill me.

When Kennedy Waters finds her mother dead, her world begins to unravel. She doesn’t know that paranormal forces in a much darker world are the ones pulling the strings. Not until identical twins Jared and Lukas Lockhart break into Kennedy’s room and destroy a dangerous spirit sent to kill her. The brothers reveal that her mother was part of an ancient secret society responsible for protecting the world from a vengeful demon — a society whose five members were all murdered on the same night.

Now Kennedy has to take her mother’s place in the Legion if she wants to uncover the truth and stay alive. Along with new Legion members Priest and Alara, the teens race to find the only weapon that might be able to destroy the demon — battling the deadly spirits he controls every step of the way.






          Why I'm Wishing

I recently got to hear Kami Garcia talk about her new series Legion. She talked about the back story of becoming an author and how she came up with this story based on everything she loved. She was really able to convince me that this book would be something I could like especially with the two hot identical twins. I know. I know - I'm being shallow. But, I don't care. I need drama and romance sometimes and I'm sure something is inevitably going to happen with these three. Also, Kami spoke about this book being one where everyone has to rely on each other to survive. So these mismatched people who are very different from one another come together as a team to fight evil which sounds pretty amazing to me. And this cover is pretty gorgeous.


What are you wishing for this week?

Comments

  1. Maybe if you behave Santa will bring to you. Fingers crossed :-)

    Anna from Shout with Emaginette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh maybe (; But, I've asked for something else that I've been dying for, for a while.

      Delete
  2. It must have been amazing to hear Kami talk about her back story. How cool! This sounds like a great book and the cover is really cool!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to read these..love how good this sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep seeing this book... maybe it's a sign that I should read this too.

    Gail @ Gail Reads Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always follow the signs - they usually lead me to great books (;

      Delete

Post a Comment

back to top