Crazy For Summer Readathon // Rec Me

Source
I'm five days in and I still have three more books to read. I wanted to surpass my goal, but if I can read ten books I'll be really happy. I've been really lucky in that I've enjoyed all of my books and most of them have been four or five star reads. How about you?

Progress

Books Started: The Heist Society by Ally Carter
UnBreakable by Kami Garcia

When Katarina Bishop was three, her parents took her on a trip to the Louvre…to case it. For her seventh birthday, Katarina and her Uncle Eddie traveled to Austria…to steal the crown jewels. When Kat turned fifteen, she planned a con of her own—scamming her way into the best boarding school in the country, determined to leave the family business behind. Unfortunately, leaving “the life” for a normal life proves harder than she’d expected.

Soon, Kat's friend and former co-conspirator, Hale, appears out of nowhere to bring Kat back into the world she tried so hard to escape. But he has a good reason: a powerful mobster has been robbed of his priceless art collection and wants to retrieve it. Only a master thief could have pulled this job, and Kat's father isn't just on the suspect list, he is the list. Caught between Interpol and a far more deadly enemy, Kat’s dad needs her help.

For Kat, there is only one solution: track down the paintings and steal them back. So what if it's a spectacularly impossible job? She's got two weeks, a teenage crew, and hopefully just enough talent to pull off the biggest heist in her family's history--and, with any luck, steal her life back along the way.

I never believed in ghosts. Until one tried to kill me.      
When Kennedy Waters finds her mother dead, her world begins to unravel. She doesn’t know that paranormal forces in a much darker world are the ones pulling the strings. Not until identical twins Jared and Lukas Lockhart break into Kennedy’s room and destroy a dangerous spirit sent to kill her. The brothers reveal that her mother was part of an ancient secret society responsible for protecting the world from a vengeful demon — a society whose five members were all murdered on the same night.               
Now Kennedy has to take her mother’s place in the Legion if she wants to uncover the truth and stay alive. Along with new Legion members Priest and Alara, the teens race to find the only weapon that might be able to destroy the demon — battling the deadly spirits he controls every step of the way.

Pages Read: 388
Total Pages Read: 1,949

Books Finished: The Heist Society by Ally Carter

Achievements Completed: Library Lover
Rapid Reader
Summer Sensation + Bonus
TBR Tackler


Guess Who? Answers

#1. Warner from the Shatter Me series.
#2. D.J. Schwenk from the Dairy Queen series.
#3. Clara Garner from the Unearthly series.


Daily Challenge: Recommended Reads

If you liked Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas, you'll like:

Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder


This has the same type of feel with Throne of Glass. The protagonist is taken out of prison to serve royalty and they are totally badass.


If you liked Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson, you'll like:

You Are Here by Jennifer E. Smith


A road trip that brings about self-discovery.


If you liked Pride and Prejudice by Jane Auston, you'll like: 

Kat, Incorrigible by Stephanie Burgis


Set in the same time and with the same limitations. You can count on Kat to act just as sassy as Elizabeth and everything, of course, centers around romance.

What books would you pair up together?

Comments

  1. I like the Throne of Glass and Poison Study pairing. :)

    You are on a reading rampage! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, I will still be floored if you finish ten books in a week lol. How'd you like Heist Society?
    I'm disappointed in myself about your Guess Who answers--I should've known it was Clara, and it's been so long since I read Shatter Me that Warner didn't come to mind.
    Poison Study does have the same feel as Throne of Glass, I loved them both. Great recommendations!
    Max @ Crazy for YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed the intelligence that went behind the ultimate heist. Katerina was a great voice to follow. I loved her strategizing and how she tried to do whatever she could to help her father. Only drawback is the "romance". Thank goodness there wasn't much emphasis on it. It was just lurking in the background waiting for book 2 to arrive.

      Delete
  3. I love your recommended reads! I'll have to give those a try. You're doing great on the readathon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace, I hope you do give some of my recs a try (:

      Delete
  4. Great recommendation! I loved both Throne of Glass and Poison Study. I haven't read You are Here, but I loved every other one of Jennifer E. Smith's books, so I should definitely try to read it. You are doing a great job with the readathon! Only 50 more pages until 2,000!
    Tessa @ Crazy for YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the only book I've read by her so I'm really happy to have discovered her impeccable writing ability.

      Delete
  5. One day I'll get to read Snyder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh I love book recs set up like this. How fun! :)

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

back to top