Mini Reviews: Two Truths & a Lie and Lies That Bind

The Lying Game #3. HarperTeen (February 2012) Own

Sutton Mercer watches from the afterlife as her long-lost twin, Emma Paxton, takes over her identity to solve her murder. But after ruling out her early leads, Emma still hasn’t found Sutton’s killer. A lot of people wanted her dead—but one name keeps popping up: Thayer Vega. When the gorgeous and mysterious Thayer returns to town, Emma has to move fast to figure out whether he’s back for revenge…or if he already got it.

Set in a town where friends can turn into dangerous enemies and everyone harbors dark secrets, The Lying Game is a juicy new series that fans of the #1 New York Times bestselling Pretty Little Liars series—and the hit ABC Family show—will love.


This is a guilty pleasure series for me. It has so much mystery surrounding it. When you think you know who the killer(s) are you are pushed in another direction. This one was no different than the last two in that they all had some intense moments of wondering and waiting. Although, Two Truths and a Lie was great it didn't keep the much anticipated excitement I had for it going for very long. I enjoy Emma immensely and feel sorry for her predicament but this book wasn't as great at the other two. I wanted to be scared for her but there wasn't really anything to be scared of. Thayer is the kind of trouble that could have provided some real suspense to the story. He was supposed to make things more interesting but he didn't. Also, Ethan and Emma's relationship are getting kind of meh. I think it might be because someone mentioned they think Ethan did it (he is a good suspect) but mostly on it's own it just fizzled out. I'm excited for Thayer to take center stage in the next book which should have happened with this book... I can't believe I'm saying this (well actually I can) but I'm excited for the bad boy to come into the story. I need more suspense!

I'm sure a lot of people have no idea what I'm talking about so you can check out my review for the first book here.


The Liar Society #2. Sourcebooks Fire (November 2012) NetGalley
Just when Kate Lowry thought she had life at elite private school Pemberly Brown figured out, she cracks open a fortune cookie to find a message from her best friend Grace--who's supposed to be dead.

Another Sister Gone                                                                                                                                                                     
A classmate has gone missing, and Kate soon realizes that the disappearance is tied to the secret societies that rule her private school. Her best friend died for their secrets, and there's no way she'll let them get away with it twice. It's up to quirky outsider Kate to get some answers, but in a school where every answer leads to more questions and nothing's as it seems, who can she trust?

                                                    

I was so surprised when I found out that the first book in this trilogy, The Liar Society, was so unbelievably amazing. It reminded me so much of Veronica Mars that I just fell in love with the characters and plot line instantly. I luckily can say that Lies That Bind, is as amazing as the first book. You get so much more Seth in this book than the last and oh my goodness I LOVE him. He's such a stalker which sounds bad but if you haven't met him then you don't know how awesome he is. He has the funniest moments ever.

Nothing goes right for Kate. It's seriously giving me anxiety. I can't see it ending well in the next book because everything bad that could happen has happened. Also, her parents are annoying me to the max. They need to actually listen to their daughter. I wish she would tell them what she has had to experience but no. She can't trust them. Her best friend died a year ago. YOU move on. 

I wanted her to curse out a lot of people to just get to the truth already or just kill someone... That sounds bad but sheesh. The authors are tormentors and cruel people... So happy it kept up with the awesomeness of the last book. They had me fooled again. This book had the same intense, on the edge of your seat feel as the last one. I loved every minute of it. 

I'm sure a lot more people have no idea what I am talking about so you can check out my review for the first book here.

* Note: These are some old reviews I found I never published but thought I would! I want to reread these series now...

Comments

  1. Guilty pleasure books are a lot of fun. Sometimes we need those good fast reads. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mysteries are just a pleasure all around. They go fast without trying and I love that about them.

      Delete

Post a Comment

back to top